Historic Article Directory

The following articles appeared in past issues, several years ago, of the Clermont County Historical Society Newsletter, THE CLERMONT HISTORIAN. The Newsletter is published six times a year and is mailed free to members of the Society. To read the current articles join the Society.

Index of Clermont County Historical Society Newsletter Articles

If you would like to download an index of every single article in our newsletter since 1958, click here


Download the complete article directory.

Current Additions to Directory

Batavia Low-Head Dam Removed – A short distance down-stream of the Main Street Bridge, across the East Fork Little Miami River, a low-head dam was constructed to form a pool of water from which Batavia drew its water supply.

Beckjord Power Station – The Walter C. Beckjord Generating Station was a 1.43-gigawatt (1,433 MW), dual-fuel power generating facility located near New Richmond, Ohio, 22 miles east of Cincinnati, Ohio. The plant began operation in 1952 and was decommissioned in 2014

AMELIA: DISSOLUTION & INCOME TAX –  When the Village dissolved, it was absorbed into neighboring Pierce and Batavia Townships; about 65% of the village belongs to Pierce Township and remaining 35% to Batavia Township.The Village Council voted to repeal the income tax during a special meeting held via Zoom, on December 15, 2020.

Cedron Tragedy: Traction Engine Plunges Into Bull Skin Creek – On August 11, 1904 a local newspaper printed this account of a terrible accident that occurred near the edge of Lewis Township, just into Clermont, at the Benton Bridge (Cedron), over the west branch of Bull Skin Creek.


Article Categories

Amelia Batavia Bethel County Wide
Goshen Milford Monroe Township New Richmond
Notable Citizens Ohio River Williamsburg USGrant