Clermont County Ohio Historical Photographs



If you have a memory of one of these photographs please comment on the photo and share with us. You will need to register. Being a registered user has benefits of being able to comment without the security code check. Registering is easy in the menu above and will give you other options on the albums that guests do not have.

Over the past 50 plus years the Clermont County Hostorical Society has collected and scanned photographs of the county from historical documents, books and newspapers. We hope you enjoy this historical collection of photographs from the county. More detailed descriptions of the photographs are in the historical societies archive. The photo archive has been index to assist in searching this collection of Clermont County, Ohio


Amelia


AMELIA_BOOK_COVER_V2.jpg

The village of Amelia is Clermont County ’s only incorporated village that was never formally laid out. The village lies in Batavia and Pierce Townships . The Batavia Township survey was made for Robert Gibbons of Yorktown , Va. , on April 15, 1788.
Reference: http://www.bataviatownship.org/

59 files, last one added on Jan 01, 2015
Album viewed 746 times

Batavia


Batavia-Bicentennial125.jpg

Batavia Ohio is the county seat of Clermont County, Ohio. Established in 1814, Batavia became the seat of government in 1824, although Ezekiel Dimmit constructed the first cabin in the future town in 1797. The community grew slowly, having only 537 residents in 1840. By 1880, Batavia had 1,015 residents. Three newspapers, three churches, one bank, one carriage manufacturer, and one shoe factory existed in the community. Reference: http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/

206 files, last one added on Sep 15, 2014
Album viewed 2996 times

Bethel


thompson_house.jpg

45 files, last one added on Oct 05, 2013
Album viewed 872 times

Felicity


STAN_S_ASHLAND.jpg

51 files, last one added on Oct 05, 2013
Album viewed 549 times

Goshen


RandallhouseGoshen.jpg

3 files, last one added on Oct 05, 2013
Album viewed 385 times

Loveland


Wardgasstation.jpg

25 files, last one added on Oct 05, 2013
Album viewed 440 times

Milford


liquor-court.jpg

39 files, last one added on Nov 16, 2013
Album viewed 635 times

New Richmond


NR_POWERHOUSE.jpg

112 files, last one added on Oct 06, 2013
Album viewed 662 times

Owensville


100_7398.JPG

35 files, last one added on Mar 29, 2014
Album viewed 663 times

Williamsburg


041.JPG

56 files, last one added on Jul 18, 2015
Album viewed 727 times

10 albums on 1 page(s)

Random files - Villages & Towns
V_Cleveland_Tombstone.jpg
242 views
Batavia_Main_St.jpg
260 viewsBatavia-Main Street circa 1930
Owensville-Main_St.jpg
215 viewsBuildings at the corner of Main Street and Belfast Road
MILFORD_MAIN_STREET_2.jpg
220 views
LEWIS_AND_CLARK_Sept__2003_283529_-_Copy.jpg
125 views
Williamsburg_sawmill.jpg
279 views
WILLIAMSBURG_SHOE_FACTORY.jpg
268 views
willliamburg_mill.jpg
278 views

Last additions - Villages & Towns
041.JPG
Williamsburg Presbyterian Church April 2015139 viewsStained glass - Williamsburg Presbyterian Church April 2015
Photo by Ron Hill 4/19/2015
Jul 18, 2015
039.JPG
Williamsburg Cemetery162 viewsWilliamsburg Cemetery - Monument to the ten Revolutionary Soldiers buried there.
Photo by Ron Hill 4/19/2015
Jul 18, 2015
038.JPG
Williamsburg Cemetery - Ian Cunningham140 viewsWilliamsburg Cemetery - Ian Cunningham, Cincinnati Chapter Sons of the American Revolution War, beside the monument to 10 Revolutionary Soldiers.Jul 18, 2015
AMELIA_BOOK_COVER_V2.jpg
Amelia History Book Vol. 2, 2003220 viewsAMELIA BOOK COVER, Cover of Amelia History Book
Vol. 2, 2003
Jan 01, 2015
FULLER_HOUSE.jpg
Thomas-Fuller House272 viewsThomas-Fuller House at 119 West Main Street. Built by Capt. Thomas in 1898. Harvey Fuller became the owner in 1913.
These Pictures were scanned off a Amelia Area Historical Society poster.
Jan 01, 2015
AMELIA_TOOL_GATE_REBUILT.jpg
Toll House208 viewsRemodeled Toll House at 94 West Main Street
These Pictures were scanned off a Amelia Area Historical Society poster.
Jan 01, 2015
AMELIA_TOLL_GATE_1908.jpg
Old Toll Gate243 viewsOld Toll Gate on Main Street.1908. Operated by Wesley & Amelia Bowdin. Situated West of Baptist Church Purchased by John Pommert for $17 in 1908 and moved across street and remodeled.
These Pictures were scanned off a Amelia Area Historical Society poster.
Jan 01, 2015
AMELIA_BOOK_COVER_V1.jpg
Amelia History Book226 viewsAMELIA BOOK COVER, Cover of Amelia History Book,
Vol. 1, 1993

These Pictures were scanned off a Amelia Area Historical Society poster.
Jan 01, 2015