Formed in 1958 the Clermont County Historical Society has recorded Clermont County Ohio history for over 50 years.
Historic Article Directory
The following articles appeared in past issues, several years ago, of the Clermont County Historical Society bulletin THE CLERMONT HISTORIAN. The bulletin is published ten times a year and is available free to members of the Society. To read the current articles join the Society.
Thomas Fuller Home - Capt. Thomas, owner of Thomas Art Manufacturing, built his Victorian home on a 27-acre lot at 119 West Main Street, Amelia in 1898. Three-quarters of the house was built of Oak.
Norfolk & Western Part 2 - More than a thousand people, men, women and children, stood on the banks of the East Fork last Friday at dusk, regarding with dismay and horror the wreck of the railroad bridge.
Norfolk & Western Part 1 - Over the years the gauge of the track changed three times, the name changed several times and it went into bankruptcy four times. In 1877 the railroad built a line from Batavia Junction to New Richmond. The Norfolk & Western took over the railroad in 1901.
Destruction of the Moselle - The Moselle was a brand new boat, built in Cincinnati it was only a couple of months old. It was, in 1838, regarded as the very best steamboat of its day. Its Captain and owner, Captain Perrin, was young and had great ambition. He was determined that the Moselle maintain the reputation as being "the swiftest steamboat in America."
POST MARKS OF CLERMONT COUNTY - In the past there were many Post Offices in Clermont County. Due to the government reducing costs, the amount has been cut down to a very few.
1864 - GRANT'S SUMMER OF LEADERSHIP - Grant's strategic vision and leadership changed the entire approach of the Union war effort. Some earlier Union generals had sought a "decisive battle" when one gigantic struggle would end Confederate resistance and the war.
|Goshen||Milford||Monroe Township||New Richmond|
|Notable Citizens||Ohio River||Williamsburg||U.S.Grant|